Friday 16 January 2009

Last stages of editing

I wanted the documentary to have an element of humour. The part where my grandma points at the fridge and introduces us to her grandchildren; i edited so that it seems like she is talking too much. I did this by cutting down the clip into section and between each section adding a fade out. This made it seem like she was being repetitive which creates an element of humour. However, i have had difficulties with adding the fade out transition because it mucks up the sound. I am still working on sorting this out, but i am fairly confident that i will overcome this problem by the end of the day.

I have edited the title on photoshop by sharpening the edges with a tool called Graphic pen. This made the font stand out more. I also painted in between the 3-D font in blue, so that it would be more prominent. I am happier with the outcome of the title as it now looks like how i originally pictured it. The bubble writing matches with the animation drawings and the intention was to make it purposely look like someone has drawn it free-hand. The title sequence makes the documentary look fun as well as adding humour.

No comments: