Tuesday 6 January 2009

Deadline extended

The deadline for production work was extended to the 16th of January. This made me feel much more at ease. Beforehand, i was feeling the preassure of finishing the documentary.
Editing was proving difficult as i couldn't make the cuts from one clip to another look polished.
I had got to the point where i had chosen what footage i wanted in my documentary, i then made the mistake of putting all the footage together. The problem was that the clips didnt follow or make sense and instead of an opening of a documentary it seemed like the middle.

Before we broke up for the christmas holidays i managed to re-edit what i had done. I also found that there was no humour, which is what the brief says. In order to employ some humour i used a clip of my grandma pointing and talking about photos on her fridge and integrated bits of this clip with an interview with my grandma. So it goes back and forth from the interview to her pointing at the fridge. This gives the effect of her "talking too much" and "going on a bit" especially as she repeats herself.

I also decided to start the documentary with me asking a question to my brother about greek food-my mum answers for him and then the music starts for the opening. This made the opening more interesting, whilst adding some humour. This is also a convention of "real life" documentary on channel 4, in order to capture the reality of the situation.

No comments: