Wednesday 10 December 2008

More production work

Last week i interviewed my cousin. The intention was to get a young Greek person's opinion of the Greek culture. Getting the mise-en-scene right was difficult. I had to film in school, so i used a school office. I had to try and make the office not look like a school and more homely. I started to film the interview as a long mid-shot, however i didn't like the way the interview turned out. My cousin looked isolated and the white walls gave a cold atmosphere. I decided to zoom in on her face to create a close-up. I was happier with the way the close-up made the interview look more intimate. Also the other interviews are mid-shots, so by using a close-up i'd be providing different camera positions.
The interview questions were:
  • What do you like most about being Greek?
  • How do you think Greek traditions have changed in your family since your parents moved here?
  • Would you agree with the fact that your parents are more strict than your British friends parents?
  • What do you like about Greek food?
  • has growing up in the U.K made you value your traditions less?

No comments: