Monday 1 September 2008

development of idea

Whilst visiting my grandparents over the weekend I thought i'd use the opportunity to think and talk to my grandparents about greek food. I had the idea of getting my grandma to write down the ingredients of a typical greek dish and instructions of how to cook it e.g yemesta. i could get her to cook it,bring some in as a sample for my friends to taste and to see what it should look like,before they attempt to cook it. I also videod her with my camera,in the kitchen,explaining how you cook and prepare yemesta, i thought i could use this as a voiceover whilst my friends try to cook it. she is speaking in english, but with a stong accent,which can be hard to understand; sometimes she trasfers to greek-i thought i could add subtitles,which is sometimes a convention of a documentry and at the same time her talking adds to the typial greek traditons i want to portray.

No comments: